About Topcats Racing
A Brief History
Topcats Racing was established in 2002 by Warren and Charlotte (nee Osborn) Gilbert, both accomplished sports car racing drivers. Since 2002, the team have competed in the TVR Tuscan Challenge and the Britcar Endurance Championship since its inaugral year in 2002 with the Marcos Mantis GT car. This was joined by a sister Mantis in 2005 and both cars were developed considerably over the years to become front running and race winning cars in the GT3 and GT Cup classes. Continuous development enables the team and drivers to stay at the top of the leader board. In 2008 the team are running what is considered to be one of the best endurance cars in the world, the Mosler MT900GT3, which will challenge the teams own Marcos for the championship title.
In 2003 the TVR and Marcos Service Division was set up to provide expertise and an unrivalled service to owners of the British marques.
In the same year the Corporate Motorsport and Track Day Division was also launched to give enthusiasts the unique opportunity to drive their stable of racing cars.
Meet The Team
- Warren Gilbert – Director and Team Principal
- Charlotte Gilbert -Director and Team Principal
- Brian Howard – Chief Engineer
- Tom Watson – No. 2 Engineer and Motec Data Analyst
- Geoff Clifton – Deputy Chief Engineer
- Paul Davies – Engineer
- Paul Steffens – Engineer
- Rob Gilham – Engineer
- Darren Drinkwater – Radio Comms, Race Strategist and Technical Assistant
- Dave Penfold – Radio Comms, Race Strategist and Technical Assistant
- Rachel Osborn – Hospitality and Catering
- Rob Wilson – Team Assistant
- Jon Harrison – Team Assistant